1 Feb 2013

Using photographs to create watercolour pieces....

These can then be used for future stitch pieces. Below I have included some inspiration; a photo taken by myself in a garden in Devon, then whilst there (sadly sitting in a caravan with the photograph, rather than drawing and painting it in real life - due to WET WET WET weather conditions)




Sometimes I think it can be easier to define what you want to focus on in a stitch piece, once you have painted it.  It makes you "think" and "see" which points you like.........for example, as seen from my watercolour here, I love the bright flowers, and how they jump out from the green foliage.

This piece could be used as inspiration to stitch from........A focus could be on using various hand stitch types to create the flowers....I see lots of french and bullion knots here!

No comments:

Post a Comment